Going North to Ulmarra today. Here’s the Google Maps Directions. 113 Kms. 1 hour 32 minutes. Izzy is bringing together disparate elements of the last 5 years and playing with KEL MACINTOSH from out near Muwillumbah. That’s Kel on the Sax. Scrubby is to the left but he’s not coming to Ulmarra today.
1. Head south on Valery Rd towards Old Pacific Hwy 1.1 km
2. Take the 1st left on to Old Pacific Hwy 2.4 km
3. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit 150 m
4. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto the Pacific Hwy/National Route 1 ramp 350 m
5. Turn left onto Pacific Hwy/National Route 1 Go through 1 roundabout 29.7 km
6. Slight left to stay on Pacific Hwy/National Route 1 (signs for Grafton) Go through 1 roundabout 66.0 km
7. Turn right onto Centenary Drive 4.3 km
8. Turn right onto Pacific Hwy/National Route 1 (signs for Ballina) 9.0 km Ulmarra NSW
Means I won’t be writing much. Its going to be an interesting gig. Kel is in his 80s – a classic Jazz performer. He’s bringing along PHIL EIZENBERG from STOKERS SIDING. All we know at this time , is that Bob, on the trumpet, is coming along and a double bass player. We lived in Ulmarra in 2009. Loved it. So here we go on a 2 hour drive to visit old friends, eat good food, listen to music and check the Bookshop.