TODAY’S PLACEHOLDER FOR THE NEW TOPIC – CONTRAST.
I was going to limit myself to one image for this theme and will do so for my final choice. It just happened, however, that yesterday the youngest of our family and the oldest took a walk through our pumpkin patch. I watched as they went around the patch once, and then again. I find it to be a curious combination of CONTRAST and CONCORDANCE. Worlds apart in age. Different in gender. I watched them and thought of the different world each would live in. It wasn’t till I uploaded the mages that I saw the similarities between them. Saw each learning from the other. I guess that a Pumpkin Patch is always a pumpkin patch – unless Monsanto and Co defeat us all.
a post a day: one word to the Wise – don’t underestimate the StoryTeller.
I shall make my final choice later in the week when I have done my usual adventure round the other Blogs and widened my visions of this week’s theme. They look pretty good so far. Now to check them out.
THOUGHT ON THE TOPIC OF CONTRAST.
FROM 1970 – 2010
Let’s see if I can bring in a 20 point sequence of events for the day. A humble day – but quite lovely.
- got up and checked the dawn
- went back to bed
- got up and had bagel and white tea on the verandah
- checked the net and dived into the open library.
- neighbours brought over a copy of leonard cohen’s new cd – old ways of thinking
- izzy went to bellingen to the autumn plant fair
- cleaned up the side verandah and re-arranged
- hung out the washing on the other side line
- jack the horse went out in the horse float and the pony became restless and lonesome
izzy brought home hearthfire pies and worts ginger drink and hummingbird cakes for lunch
neighbours slashed one paddock and mowed the lawns on the other side
had a shower
went to meeting in bellingen
chatted with friends outside the uniting church
checked the net
saw that my daughter was really angry and even cursed online which she don’t do
sat down in the living room at our work table
put the tv on