AN INVITATION FROM http://flickrcomments.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/7-super-shots/
Play with us in 5 easy steps
1. Choose 7 of your own photos, one for each of the following categories:
- A photo that…takes my breath away
- A photo that…makes me laugh or smile
- A photo that…makes me dream
- A photo that…makes me think
- A photo that…makes my mouth water
- A photo that…tells a story
- A photo that…I am most proud of (aka my worthy of National Geographic shot)
2. Write a short description for each image.
3. Write somewhere in your blog post: ‘I am taking part in HostelBookers 7 Super Shots‘.
4. Tell us you have participated and tweet the hashtag #7SuperShots
5. Nominate 5 other bloggers by including a link to their blog in your post.
I’ll tackle the photos first. Then I shall attend to the details such as INVITES and LINKS. I don’t travel far and I don’t travel a lot so it will be the East Coast of New South Wales in Australia.
A photo that…takes my breath away
PORT MACQUARIE. N.S.W.
This combo of my sister in the last week of her life and of me as I look at life with her gone still takes my breath away and clunks into my heart.
We lost my sister, Susan, to lung cancer on February 17 2011 in Port Macquarie.
You think that their dying is the worst thing that could happen. Then they stay dead ― Donald Hall
A photo that…makes me laugh or smile
I live with a man who loves socks. Coloured socks. They hang in their dozens on our pegless clothesline. I don’t wash them and nor do I hang them. He does. He does all of his travelling with his socks on.
A photo that…makes me dream
I dream with the Kookaburra that spends its days on my front fence. I dream ancient dreams with the Guburra. Wise dreams. And the Guburra brings me this poem from Ali Cobby Eckermann;
My nana opens windows. Weaving songs. And gently tells. Real myths.
A photo that…makes me think
My son on Thunderbolt”s Rocks. I couldn’t climb to where he was. I think about the Bushranger who hid here and my son who may well have been between a rock and a hard place, himself. His daughter said to me; “ Maybe they had to shoot Thunderbolt – but they shouldn’t have shot his horse. “
A photo that…makes my mouth water
Eating at the BLACK BEAR CAFÉ. Future dreams. Present realities.
A photo that…tells a story
It tells a story but I don’t know what the story is.
A photo that…I am most proud of (aka my worthy of National Geographic shot)
From our rockwall where the rivers meet the sea.
And at this point in the Post, I actually read and checked the details and realised that it’s a TRAVEL site hosting the Super Blogs. I will, therefore, do a 2nd post and pay attention to the TRAVEL element of it.