- A photo that…takes my breath away
- A photo that…makes me laugh or smile
- A photo that…makes me dream
- A photo that…makes me think
- A photo that…makes my mouth water
- A photo that…tells a story
- A photo that…I am most proud of (aka my worthy of National Geographic shot)
2. Write a short description for each image.
3. Write somewhere in your blog post: ‘I am taking part in http://blog.hostelbookers.com/travel/7-super-shots/
4. Tell us you have participated and tweet the hashtag #7SuperShots
5. Nominate 5 other bloggers by including a link to their blog in your post.
1. A photo that…takes my breath away
SMOKEY CAPE LIGHTHOUSE
Down the road a bit is a town called South West Rocks. My family has a history there from the 1800s. High above the town is SMOKEY CAPE. The lighthouse looks out over the Pacific Ocean and the Macleay Valley . I catch my breath on Smokey Cape for a few good reasons.
2. A photo that…makes me laugh or smile
CARR’S CREEK NEAR GRAFTON N.S.W.
Driving round the Clarence Valley of New South Wales took me to some pretty funny spots and the MISH MASH shop was one of them. I came away with a gramma for pie and other strange oddments. Makes me smile whenever I think of it.
3. A photo that makes me dream
BILAMBIL COTTAGE on the TWEED RIVER. N.S.W.
My cottage on the hill. My own dreaming place.
4. A photo that makes me think
TRIAL BAY GAOL
An empty gaol. That means a lot of thinking. Its just near the lighthouse and South West Rocks. As a woman with a convict ancestry, old prisons make me think.
5. A photo that…makes my mouth water
CHICKPEA SIMMER AT NO 5 CHURCH ST IN BELLINGEN N.S.W.
The lovely new lads at No 5 even make their own ice cream and they buy local. It’s a grand meeting place in our town of Cafes.
6. A photo that tells a story.
BATEMAN’S BAY. N.S.W.
The photo tells a story – but I don’t know what that story is.
7. A photo that…I am most proud of (aka my worthy of National Geographic shot)
GOANNA AT BRIERFIELD
At my daughter’s home in the bush.
INVITES TO JOIN IN IF IT IS TO YOUR TASTE AND ONLY IF IT IS:
The details are at
Melonpop, I thought some of your Australian pictures might suit this one, including the trip to Uluru.